Lake Allatoona Fishing

Go Back   Lake Allatoona Fishing > What's New On Lake Allatoona > Braggin' Board
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Striped Bass

Default hunting

finally went out hunting with a buddy from work. after sitting in the woods for 4 hours a small buck walked into view and i shot him... the adrenaline rush was overwhelming at first and after the shaking wore off i was able to climb down from the stand. searched around a little and found him. not a huge buck like i was hoping but for my first time EVER hunting i am glad it worked out for me

i have a pic but dont know if i should post it since it has the arrow wound is clearly visible and may offend...let me know if you want to see it
Old 09-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Trophy Striped Bass

Great report! sounds like you had a wonderful time. I know I shook like that when I dropped my first one. Man ever one you get after this is going to be just as exciting, I know it is for me. I'm working a bit to much right now to go, but the end of next month the overtime will stop and I will be ready for Deer season.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Trophy Striped Bass

well hopefully your hooked for life i shot my first one about 6 yrs ago and what a rush. congrats i say post it (just put viewer discrestion is adviced but maybe ask capt. rob 1st)
Old 09-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Friends Of FirstBite

Congrats! I've been hunting for over 23 years. I've taken my share of deer and still shake like that after I get one....that's one of the reasons I keep going after them.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Striped Bass

Default Congrats ...

... on getting a Buck with a bow. There are many (I'm one) who'll say that any Buck taken with an arrow is a Trophy! Also, I've always believed that when you no longer get excited and have those "shakes" you ought to hang it up.

Anyway, welcome to the club!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmouthbass View Post
finally went out hunting with a buddy from work. after sitting in the woods for 4 hours a small buck walked into view and i shot him... the adrenaline rush was overwhelming at first and after the shaking wore off i was able to climb down from the stand. searched around a little and found him. not a huge buck like i was hoping but for my first time EVER hunting i am glad it worked out for me

i have a pic but dont know if i should post it since it has the arrow wound is clearly visible and may offend...let me know if you want to see it

Congrats, on you day in the woods. Send me the picture. I'll post it if I don't think it is offensive to our young members.......BTW fishing is getting GREAT........Congrat's again....
770 827-6282
Old 10-01-2007, 02:03 AM
Trophy Striped Bass

Glad to hear that you got one and that I'm not the only "old man" (just kidding, really...I know you have a gun) to be a rookie hunter.

I grew up around deer hunting my whole life in Northern New York state, but just never got into it. My next door neighbor is an avid hunter (he got me into striper fishing too) and looking at his photo albums has given me the itch.

Anyone have a recommendation for starting off? I do know how to shoot a rifle and shotgun pretty well. I have no idea how to hunt.

My guess is that I should tag along with a seasoned hunter (i.e. my neighbor) a few times and watch before I try myself.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Striped Bass

robert gave me the ok to post it so here it is
go easy on me.. i know it is a small deer. it was a button buck(thats what my buddy said) i guess cause the antlers werent showing yet. but this is my first time hunting and only my 2nd time shooting this bow so i think i did good and my buddy told me he would have shot it also

Old 10-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Administrator

I see nothing wrong with this picture. Heck I got pictures of dead fish on my web site. Death is just apart of hunting and sometimes fishing... Congrats again.......

RE
770 827-6282
Old 10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Trophy Striped Bass

bigmouthbass:

all i can say is: great shot placement. that is going to make som tasty venison. (my favorite is sausage)